Severe pain in the muscles, a sudden and painful muscle contractions or cramps, you certainly had the opportunity to feel, a very unpleasant phenomenon that does not last long but may have an effect. The causes of this phenomenon, the symptoms, how it manifests it self and prevention clarify we will explain the following text.
Causes of muscle cramps is:
- lack of water or dehydration
- lack of electrolytes
- muscle fatigue in the long march, intensive training or downtime
- weak circulation and bloodstream
- lack of potassium, magnesium, calcium …
- certain drugs
- excess alcohol and caffeine
- deficiency disease
As for the athletes, cramps is begin in endurance training, where efforts are being made to that body is not normally used to. Hypertonic muscle cramps is a state of chronic, excessive muscle tone, tension in the muscles – contraction when a muscle is inactive.
- Try to massage or rub Areas of spasm. This can help to relax muscles and increase blood flow
- Use the muscle gently, walking or gentle stretching, no sudden movements
- You can put a cold compress
- Take the fluids, because the water contains vital minerals electrolytes that can help muscle contraction
- Controlling diet and intake nutrients: Magnesium relaxes your muscles, Sodium helps retain liquid and postpone dehydration, Calcium plays a role in muscle contraction, Potassium deficiency causes cramps, vitamin E improves blood circulation, Carbohydrate deficiency can exhaust the glycogen stores, which may cause muscle cramps.
Any over-exercise physical activities with inadequate food and inadequate recovery of the organism, manifested as a phenomenon that will slow your progress and achieving your goal. CRAMPS is one of the consequences and causes.